The Short Family

The Short Family
Left to right: Family Picture Thanksgiving 2006:Curtis(18), Chelsea(19), Jay, Alena, Zachary(17), Charlie(4), Tamara(16); ages are 2006

Welcome

Our family welcomes you to our Blog. This is a place where you can read about our lives, happenings, joys, and anything else we feel so inclined to share. As our children leave home and enter a world of opportunity, we hope this blog will keep us connected with each other, and you connected with us. Feel free to comment and share with us on our Blog. As Helen Keller once said,
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
We hope you will take this blogging adventure with us.

The Family - December 2010

The Family - December 2010
(Left toRight) Zach 21; Tami 20; Charlie 8; Chelsea 23; Curt 22; Alena and Jay

December 05, 2007

The Holidays Have Arrived!

I just love the holidays. The kids at school are cheery and excited. There are field trips to keep the days busy and Charlie to remind all of us at home how fun it was to be little once.

Dad's birthday was just fun. Charlie loves to be with his cousins and I am so glad we are near so he can!

Although, I have been missing the old days at the beach. I miss the salt air and stormy nights. I miss walking in the breeze and fighting our dog Murphy on the leash, cooking Mac and Cheese, hiking the forests, seeing beutiful sites, finding sand dollars, watching sunrises on the bay and sunsets on the ocean. Those were really nice years for me. It is our anniversary today. I feel so lucky to actually have a man who married me and decided to take on the role of father. He has been a blessing to them. I know that it hasn't at all been easy, but I hope he knows that I think it has been so very worth it. Jay has been wonderful at taking me out on weekly dates. It has always been important to him to have our time away. I can't remember ever missing one. He has kept me rejuvenated with weekend getaways to my favorite beach spots and cabins in the mountains; Stay overs at the nicest hotels and steak at some very nice restaurants. I just love him.

Enjoy the family party pictures.

No comments:

Trip To Mount Rushmore

Bookmarks of Mine