The Short Family

The Short Family
Left to right: Family Picture Thanksgiving 2006:Curtis(18), Chelsea(19), Jay, Alena, Zachary(17), Charlie(4), Tamara(16); ages are 2006

Welcome

Our family welcomes you to our Blog. This is a place where you can read about our lives, happenings, joys, and anything else we feel so inclined to share. As our children leave home and enter a world of opportunity, we hope this blog will keep us connected with each other, and you connected with us. Feel free to comment and share with us on our Blog. As Helen Keller once said,
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
We hope you will take this blogging adventure with us.

The Family - December 2010

The Family - December 2010
(Left toRight) Zach 21; Tami 20; Charlie 8; Chelsea 23; Curt 22; Alena and Jay

July 22, 2007

Ooh! Ooh! Pick Me! Pick Me!

Okay, cutest little story I have to share. I was walking home from Branch Prayer, nearing the playground a few blocks from our house, and a little boy was riding his plastic trike down the sidewalk in my direction. He then stopped in front of me, walked over, and handed me the head of a sunflower. I smiled, said thank you and continued my way home. As I was walking the little boy shouted to his mother in the yard, "Mommy! Mommy! I gave the lady a flower and she said thank you!" I smiled and waved at his mother as I passed her and he shouted again saying, "Mommy! Mommy! That's the lady!" I thought it was the cutest thing ever. It totally made my day.
In other news, I have been called to be a member of the single branch's choir, and I am also an F.H.E. coordinator. And, oh yes, I sang in sacrament meeting today. The song was "In This Very Room" and with all the compliments I received I'm guessing I did pretty well. A sister in the ward told me I didn't look nervous at all. I told her she should have watched my knees behind the podium. She laughed and added that's what they're there for.

2 comments:

Short Family said...

Children have always loved you Chelsea. You have such a gentle way and sweet nature.

You sang beautifully! I sure love you. Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Trip To Mount Rushmore

Bookmarks of Mine