The Short Family

The Short Family
Left to right: Family Picture Thanksgiving 2006:Curtis(18), Chelsea(19), Jay, Alena, Zachary(17), Charlie(4), Tamara(16); ages are 2006

Welcome

Our family welcomes you to our Blog. This is a place where you can read about our lives, happenings, joys, and anything else we feel so inclined to share. As our children leave home and enter a world of opportunity, we hope this blog will keep us connected with each other, and you connected with us. Feel free to comment and share with us on our Blog. As Helen Keller once said,
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
We hope you will take this blogging adventure with us.

The Family - December 2010

The Family - December 2010
(Left toRight) Zach 21; Tami 20; Charlie 8; Chelsea 23; Curt 22; Alena and Jay

January 27, 2008

Ode to my sister


Tamara Sage has been a great blessing in my life. Many times she has known me better than I knew myself and has always put up with me as her older sister. Because of not only bing the youngest, but also because of my trials with cancer, she often got the butt-end of the stick. She took my hand-me-downs, the lesser amount of attention, and was still content in who she was. She was always set in her way of life and found countless ways to enjoy being by herself (which I've often been jealous of). We always faught, and I kept telling myslef that when she got to my age we wouldn't fight as much. I soon came to learn that her age had nothing to do with it, but that I would always be ahead 3 more years in experience and just needed to be patient with her trials in those stages of life...though I never really did a good job. We were constantly reminded by our mother that we were the only sister eachother had. Though we never liked hearing it, deep down inside we both knew it was true. We had our ways of putting behind the bad us, and my favorite would be our midnight talks in bed. Ideally we both would have loved our own rooms, but were more than grateful for the nights we had eachother to keep us company. Still, until I came to college I never fully appreciated the roomate, sister, and friend I've had for all these years and was grateful to have her as my shoulder to lean on, and eternal venting companion. :)

1 comment:

Short Family said...

Chelsea, you are so kind. As your mother, it is always nice to know that her kids, despite the differences, have found ways to come together. I have 7 sisters, and like you, learned to love them even more when I left home. Distance creates passages for the soul to open up to. My sisters truly are my best friends. When I need to talk, I think about talking with them. I love you. Mom

Trip To Mount Rushmore

Bookmarks of Mine